Terms and Conditions
- Participants must submit their own unique solution.
- Participants must be second-year students (as determined by your school and field of study).
- Participants must be attending a college, university, or polytechnic located in Canada.
- Participants must be available January 31st – February 2nd 2020 for the Innovation and Industry Insights Weekend event in Toronto. Important note: Each individual participant is responsible for their own travel arrangements and related expenses.
- The ASPIRE Challenge opens on September 9th, 2019 and closes on November 25, 2019. No submissions will be accepted after this date.
- Resume feedback will be provided by an independent qualified professional careers coach.
- Semi-finalists will be selected by an independent evaluator and assessment is based on an evaluation rubric.
- Semi-finalists will present their solution via video conference to a panel of participating employers the week of January 6th – January 10th, 2020. Top ranking presenters will be invited as finalists to the Innovation and Industry Insights Weekend.
- Finalists invited to the Innovation and Industry InsightsWeekend will be contacted by email on January 15th, 2020. Should any participant fail to confirm their attendance by January 20th, 2020, their invitation will be revoked and offered to another participant.
- Summer internship opportunities will be available for finalists attending the Innovation and Industry Insights Weekend in Toronto.
- Any offers of employment will be based on employers’ individual criteria.
Innovation and Industry Insights Weekend
- Students are responsible for their own transportation, travel accommodations and related expenses during the Innovation and Industry Insights Weekend in Toronto.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided by ASPIRE from January 31st – February 2nd, 2020.
- Participants must participate in each of the scheduled activities. Failure to attend any of the events or activities may result in your ineligibility for further activities or opportunities.
- There will be no cost for student participation in any of the scheduled activities.
Job offers and subsequent interviews
- Job interviews will be conducted during the Innovation and Industry Insights Weekend in Toronto.
- Offers, or next stage interviews, will be facilitated by ASPIRE through a rank and match system to determine suitability for both the participant and employer.
- Students are required to participate in interviews; however, they are not obligated to accept any job offer.
- Once an offer has been extended to a participant, ASPIRE is no longer a part of the recruitment process.
- All student submissions and ideas remain as intellectual property of the participant.
- Students are asked to communicate any technical or accessibility issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Updates Delivered to Your Inbox
We won’t share your email address and you can opt-out at any time.